CNC Mill and Lathe Operator
Staffpower Group are excited to be working with a well established subcontract machining and welding shop based in Washington. Producing finish machined components for a variety of industry sectors including Oil & Gas.
CNC Miller is required to operate a selection of Mazak CNC lathes to meet production requirements.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Program, set and operate machine tools.
- Be conversant with various types of machine tools.
- Be conversant in Mazatrol programming language
- Produce components to precision tolerances.
- Follow instruction through route cards etc.
- Be able to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate good housekeeping skills, keeping general work area tidy and clean.
- Maintain part traceability by transferring serial numbers, GRN etc.
- Use various types of metrology equipment
Experience machining various materials is a must e.g. Carbon steel, Stainless steel, Inconel, Aluminium, Brass etc.
Shift and Salary:
The ideal candidate will be required to work dayshift initially with the potential to work night shift.
- Dayshift rate – £15.32/hr to £16.39/hr (dependent on experience)
- Nightshift rate paid at 1.25 x day shift rate.
- 37 hours per week (4 day week – Mon-Thurs 0700-1645)
- Overtime paid at 1.5 x (Monday to Saturday) and 2 x (Sunday)
Single Job Apply Form
"*" indicates required fields