Junior Project Buyer
Looking for a chance to work with one of the UK’s leading point-of-sale manufacturers in an exciting developmental opportunity? A company who believe in bringing new experiences to life within the retail sector and connecting shoppers to their retail experience.
Supporting the Project Buyers in your team, as well as managing your own projects within the Company’s cross-functional team structure. Supported by the relevant Senior Project Buyer, you will learn to cover all of the operational issues of a project from design conception through to completion and delivery of component or display to the client.
Assist Project Buyers by working directly with our global supplier network, liaise closely with Sales, Design and where necessary the Customer, to ensure the smooth flow of work through the business and satisfactory completion of projects on time, within budget and to the company’s quality standards.
Manage the progress of each of your projects with the Project Buyer’s support where required, providing accurate information, placing orders with suppliers and constructing estimates. Monitor production deadlines and compile delivery schedules.
Key Attributes, Experience and Qualifications:
• Flexibility to manage several activities simultaneously
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Able to work on own initiative and be proactive
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Continually seek to develop own skills and knowledge
• Team Player
• Capable of managing change positively and drive results
• Computer literate with a good level of competence with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• A high level of numeracy, budgetary control and attention to detail with strong analytical skills
• A conscientious and reliable individual with a high energy level is seen as an essential attribute to go with the above.
Advantaged Experience / Qualifications:
• Working towards CIPS qualifications plus 2 A-Levels or equivalent. BA (Hons) or HND in Business and Finance
• Knowledge of Export / Import
• Experience of dealing with domestic and over-seas suppliers
• An understanding of technical drawings
• Experience in the Far Eastern supply market would be a distinct advantage.
Single Job Apply Form
"*" indicates required fields