Labour Market Overview
The latest ONS Labour Market Overview reported:
- 8% or 1.29 million people were unemployed; 23% have been unemployed for more than 12 months and a 0.1% increase on previous quarter
- Employment rate increased slightly to 75.8%
- 79million people are economically inactive, 153,000 lower than the last quarter driven by 16 to 24 year olds
- Economically inactive is still nearly half a million higher than pre-pandemic levels, of which 590,000 are classified as long term sick but want to have a job
- Vacancies fell again to 1.10 million, the ninth consecutive quarterly fall. The number of unemployed people per vacancy was slightly up at 1.2 due to the decrease in vacancies
- Record level of payrolled employees at 30 million, up 533,000 over the 12-month period
- Growth in total pay was 5.9% and regular pay was 6.6% and they fell in real terms by 3% and 2.3% respectively. This is one of the largest falls since 2001
- 9 million people were claiming Universal Credit, of which 1.44 million were searching for work
- Redundancies rose again to 3.2 per thousand employees and remains low
Read More From Our Blog
Happy Birthday to us!
We are celebrating!💙 Today StaffPower Group is 5 years old...
In order to track progress towards numerous national and international...
Hebburn Town Juniors’ day at Stadium of Light
Hebburn Town Juniors were invited to spend the day at...
Barbara Priestman Academy visit to Staff Power Group
On Thursday 30th March during world autism acceptance week, Staff...