Latest Labour Market Overview
The latest ONS Labour Market Overview reported:
- 3.8% or 1.3 million people were unemployed; 21.9% have been unemployed for more than 12 months and 0.1% increase on previous quarter
- The employment rate increased slightly to 76%
- Although reduced from last quarter, economic inactivity is still 348,000 higher than pre-pandemic levels at a total of 8.71 million people.
- A record 592,000 people are classified as long-term sick but want to have a job
- Vacancies fell again to 1.05 million, the 11th consecutive quarterly fall. The number of unemployed people per vacancy was 1.2
- Record level of payrolled employees at 30 million, up 460,000 over the 12-month period and up slightly on the last quarter
- Growth in total pay was 6.5% and regular pay was 7.2% although they fell in real terms by 2% and 1.3% respectively
- 5.97 million people were claiming Universal Credit, down 80,800 from previous month, of which 1.42 million were searching for wor
Read More From Our Blog
Happy Birthday to us!
We are celebrating!💙 Today StaffPower Group is 5 years old...
In order to track progress towards numerous national and international...
Hebburn Town Juniors’ day at Stadium of Light
Hebburn Town Juniors were invited to spend the day at...
Barbara Priestman Academy visit to Staff Power Group
On Thursday 30th March during world autism acceptance week, Staff...